15 January 2018
1. The paper is cheaper! Especially if one site is involved.Now let’s list the arguments "against":
2. In some hospitals, there is still unstable Internet. It is easier to work with paper forms.
1. You need a specific paper. Triplicates are printed on special equipment. To print Data Clarification Forms you need a dot matrix printer - and it also remained in the last century.So, colleagues, let’s return to the first list:
2. How to ensure data safety on paper? Are you ready to equip the vault and pass the checks? Everyone knows how easy it is to lose a piece of paper.
3. Logistics. It is very expensive to repeatedly send packets of documentation back and forth.
4. Human resources: First the Monitor checks the paper cards, then two different employees of the DM-company enter data into the electronic database, and the third employee merges it.
5. Data validity: verification is delayed, unlike EDC, where masks and checks are triggered instantly.
6. Data integrity: Parcels arrive at different speeds, you do not have a complete picture of the research at the current time, the data is disjointed. In the integrated system, you generate a report in real time by pressing a button, the system provides an analysis of the actions of all participants in the process, you control the progress of the research.
7. Using a paper you will receive a consolidated database only after the completion of a long and time-consuming process of importing and reconciling data from different sources.
8. And now imagine that an Amendment to the Protocol has been adopted. You will have to print and fill a ton of new forms.